We’ve already covered the history of St. Paddy’s Day, so it’s only appropriate that we talk about our favorite way to celebrate: with drinks, of course! You don’t have to chug questionable lagers to have a good time this year. Why not elevate your day with something a bit more unique? Here’s a peek at some of the best Irish whiskey cocktail recipes we’ve found, just in case you’re already sick of green beer.
Mules are having somewhat of a resurgence at the moment, so why not make a fun twist on an old classic?
¼ C. Irish Whiskey
½ C. Ginger Beer
1 tbsp. Lime Juice
Slice of lime for garnish
- Combine all ingredients in a copper mug or glass
- Add ice and lime garnish
It’s still pretty chilly in most parts of the U.S., making this an ideal companion for your St. Paddy’s Day! If you’re feeling a bit bold, you can always make an iced coffee version instead.
6 oz. Hot coffee
1 tsp. White or brown sugar
1 ½ oz. Irish whiskey
- Make coffee in your favorite way.
- Add coffee to a mug or glass, leaving room for other ingredients.
- Stir in your preferred sugar + whiskey until the sugar has dissolved.
- Gently place either homemade or spray can whip cream on top as a floater.
Another fresh take on a classic, this is a refreshing cocktail that will elevate any event (or a quiet night at home!).
2 oz. Irish whiskey
1 oz. Fresh lemon juice
¾ oz. Simple or pure maple syrup
Lemon wedge + cocktail cherry for Garnish
- Combine whiskey, lemon juice, and syrup in a cocktail shaker. Add a handful of ice and shake until chilled.
- Strain into a lowball or Old Fashioned glass.
- Serve over ice, with a lemon wedge and cocktail cherry.
This is the perfect pairing for a St. Paddy’s group gathering, sure to please even the stuffiest of palates.
2 parts Irish whiskey
1 part orange juice
¾ part grapefruit juice
9 dashes of bitters
¼ part simple syrup
2 parts sparkling white wine
- Combine all ingredients in a pitcher over ice.
If you’re a sucker for a good bloody Mary, you don’t want to miss this fun spin!
2 oz. Irish Whiskey
3 Dashes of Worcestershire Sauce
3 Dashes of hot sauce
1 tsp. horseradish
Dash of Lime Juice
Tomato juice or preferred bloody Mary mix
- Pour Irish whiskey into a salted glass with ice
- Add the Worcestershire + hot sauce + lime juice.
- Finish with tomato juice or Bloody Mary mix.
Come Visit Us
If you’re looking for great recommendations on the best Irish whiskeys, beers, and more, come see us at 3rd Street Beverage today! Our staff of alcohol experts is on-hand to help you find exactly what you’re looking for.