Summertime is wrapping up, but there’s still room to enjoy a refreshing cocktail! Check out our unique recommendations for a great end-of-summer treat!
ARNOLD PALMER COLLINS
This recipe combines two tried-and-true favorites for a refreshing beverage best enjoyed in the sun!
- 1 ½ oz bourbon
- 1 ½ oz fresh lemon juice
- 1 oz tea syrup
- 3 oz club soda (chilled)
- 1 lemon wedge and 1 mint sprig for garnish
- Combine bourbon, lemon juice and syrup in highball glass and stir
- Add ice
- Top with club soda to taste
- Garnish with a lemon wedge and sprig of mint
The flavors of orange and espresso blend beautifully in this robust cocktail; perfect as an after-dinner treat.
- 2 oz cold espresso
- 2 oz orange vodka
- 1 oz orange liqueur
- 1 orange curl, 1 chocolate-covered orange peel for garnish
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and add all ingredients
- Shake until well chilled
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass and garnish with orange peels
This elegant cocktail has a floral complexity mixed with traditional bitters. It’s a relaxing, refreshing drink perfect for a weekend afternoon in the garden.
- 2 tsp lavender syrup
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 oz chilled gin
- 5 oz chilled brut champagne
- Fresh lavender sprig for garnish
- Combine syrup, lemon juice and gin in champagne flute
- Top with the champagne and garnish with a sprig of lavender
FRENCH ROSÈ SANGRIA
This is a light, floral, fruity cocktail that’s perfect for a small gathering of friends on the patio.
- 1 Bottle Lillette Rosé Wine
- 3 oz. Grand Marnier
- 5 oz. Club soda
- 2 oz. Fresh Raspberries
- 1 Spring Mint
- Edible Flower Petals for Garnish
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker
- Pour into a cocktail glass and garnish with edible petals
CITRUS BASIL-SPIKED SWEET TEA
Who doesn’t love a refreshing iced tea on a hot summer day? This recipe is perfect for any sweltering afternoon.
- 8 cups water
- 7 black tea bags
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- Juice from 2 lemons
- Juice from 2 oranges
- 1 cup golden rum
- Fresh basil leaves
- Bring half of the water to boil and add the tea bags
- Steep bags for 5 minutes before removing
- Add the sugar and stir into the tea until fully dissolved
- Pour the tea into a pitcher and stir in the lemon juice, orange juice and rum
- Add fresh basil leaves and chill until ready to serve
- Serve in a tall glass over ice with fresh orange and lemon wedges with fresh basil leaves.
APRICOT AND ROSEMARY MIMOSA
This gorgeous twist on a traditional classic is the perfect match for any summer evening.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 3 ripe apricots, cut in half
- 1 bottle Prosecco (or more)
- Place sugar, water, and rosemary in a small saucepan and bring to a boil
- Let syrup simmer for 5 minutes and let cool
- Remove rosemary
- Put syrup in a blender along with the apricots and blend until smooth
- Fill flutes half-full with the mixture and top with Prosecco