Mother’s Day has crept up quickly following a late Easter, and it’s already time to gather together again. It’s okay, we’ve got the perfect (simple) brunch cocktail recipes to make your Mother’s Day celebration one to remember!
This is always a star and the perfect match for grazing and socializing.
1 tbsp sea salt
1 tsp grapefruit zest
1 lime wedge
¼ C. tequila
A squeeze of lime juice
2 tsp sugar syrup
½ C. fresh ruby grapefruit juice (from specialty delis)
Optional for garnish: Dried grapefruit slices
- Mix sea salt and grapefruit zest in a shallow dish.
- Coat the edge of a glass with lime juice and dip in the mixture.
- Fill the glass with ice and add tequila, lime juice, and sugar syrup.
- Top off with grapefruit juice and soda water.
- Follow with a garnish of dried grapefruit slices.
A fun, fruity twist on a Bloody Mary, this cocktail is sure to please even the earliest morning gathering.
1 mango, peeled, chopped
⅓ C. yellow tomatoes
⅓ C. vodka
Juice of 2 limes
Pinch of celery salt
1/2 tsp Tabasco
3 ice cubes
Pinch of anise or caraway seeds
Garnish: Pickled chilies, Celery stalks
- Combine all ingredients with 1/3 cup chilled water and a pinch of salt flakes in a blender until smooth.
- Place ice in tall glasses and pour over the cocktail mix.
- Thread chilies onto a skewer and place them on top of the cocktail.
- Add a celery stalk and drizzle with desired Tabasco.
This bright, gorgeous spritz will liven up the party in the most subtle way.
2 tbsp gin
2 tbsp Campari
⅓ C. prosecco
¾ C. sparkling grapefruit soda
Garnish: Grapefruit slices
- Combine gin, Campari, and Prosecco over crushed ice
- Top with soda and grapefruit wedge.
This is a funky take on the old brunch standby.
¼-½ tsp elderflower liqueur
2 tbsp chilled orange juice
Chilled Champagne or sparkling wine
- Combine elderflower liqueur and orange juice in a champagne flute.
- Top with chilled Champagne.
Fizzy Pineapple Shrub
This vibrant, tropical cocktail will brighten up mom’s day in a big way.
1/2 cup drained canned crushed pineapple
1/2 cup white rum
3 cups sparkling wine
- Combine pineapple and run in a shaker over ice.
- Shake well and divide among 6 glasses.
- Top off with wine and a few drops of bitters.
This delicious twist on a mimosa will make your morning so sweet.
1 C. fresh cherries, seeds removed
1 1/2 cups orange juice
- Combine cherries and 1 C. orange juice in a blender until smooth.
- Divide cherry mixture among glasses
- Top with remaining 1/2 cup orange juice and prosecco.
Come See Us
If you need ingredients, recommendations or anything in between, stop into 3rd Street Beverage! Our knowledgeable staff can help you find exactly what you’re looking for to make this Mother’s Day (or any day) wonderful!